Thursday, August 12, 2010

classroom expectation re-hash


1. We are like a family. We may not always get along with or agree but like a family, we will try hard to work through our problems and move forward. I may not always love the choices you make, but I will always care for YOU. Because I care about you, and your future, I will be here to guide you to make responsible and smart choices.

2. My job is:
* To keep US safe (mentally, physically, emotionally)
* To help you become a successful student and responsible learner
* To share the world of art with you
* To enjoy art class and know things will not always be perfect

Your job is:
* To help keep US safe
(mentally, physically, emotionally)
* To participate and be responsible for the choices you make
* To try new things and challenge yourself in artistic ways
*
To enjoy art class and know things will not always be perfect

3. (Same as last year: school guidelines and how they look in the art room)
In the art room we are
* Safe
(use the room and materials in a safe way, use our bodies and words in a safe way)
* Respectful
(respect the art studio, respect yours and others art, use respectful language)
* Responsible
(try!, care for the studio, participate, make smart choices)
* Kind
(kind words, kind actions, kind intentions)

4.
A few of my broken record sayings:
"Ask 3 before you ask me"
"If your mouth is moving, then your hand is moving"
"Less talk, more art!"
"I don't ask you to be perfect I just ask you to try"


No comments:

Post a Comment