Monday, April 12, 2010

Watercolor Doves



Let me start by saying this lesson came from That Artist Women who I've spent the year stealing lesson from in an effort to improve my student's painting skills. We tweaked the project just a touch. It took two 40min lessons with a 5th grade group.
Each student got a sheet of watercolor paper and were asked to cover the paper with lots of color. We used wet on dry and wet on wet technique. Then we dropped some salt on and THEN we put saran wrap on top. I learned to make sure the paint is wet but not too wet. The next day I gave the kids two dove templates and a selection of quotes from various people about the concept of Peace. I asked the kids to choose a quote they liked, glue down the dove and write their peace quote either around the dove or in the dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment